The Resolutions Process
Every member of the American College of Physicians and the New York Chapter has the opportunity to provide input regarding the development of policies and positions.
- Share ideas with elected Governors or council members;
- Submit information for discussion at the Health and Public Policy Committee; and/or
- Submit resolutions for review and action by the New York Chapter.
Resolutions can address ACP/NYACP policy and also state and federal health policy issues. You may submit your resolutions at any time. We will notify you of relevant deadlines for submissions.
Submit Your Resolution
- Presentation on the Resolutions Process (PowerPoint)
- Annual Resolutions Process
- Anatomy of a Resolution
- Sample Resolution (PowerPoint)
- A Physician's Reflection on NYACP Resolution Process
- Presentation on "The Basics of Parliamentary Procedures"
- NYACP Policy Manual (Members Only)
- NYACP Resolution Report (Members Only)
National ACP Resources
- Where ACP Stands - Electronic Resolutions System (Warehouse for Board of Governors resolutions across all Chapters)